Abuja – President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has announced that 153,000 Nigerians have so far benefitted from the ₦30 billion released under the Presidential Conditional Grant Scheme, better known as Credicorp.
The President made this disclosure during his nationwide broadcast to mark Nigeria’s 65th Independence Anniversary on Wednesday. He said the initiative, launched as part of his administration’s economic reforms, was designed to support small businesses, traders, artisans, and young entrepreneurs across the country.
According to Tinubu, the Credicorp programme represents a deliberate effort to cushion the impact of recent economic adjustments while promoting self-reliance and job creation. He explained that the disbursements, made through digital platforms, were targeted at Nigerians with viable business ideas but limited access to conventional loans.
“Already, over 153,000 of our citizens have received direct support through ₦30 billion Credicorp loans,” the President said. “This is a clear demonstration of our commitment to empower hardworking Nigerians, stimulate enterprise, and strengthen the productive sector of our economy.”
He noted that the scheme complements other youth-focused programmes, including the Nigerian Education Loan Fund (NELFUND), YouthCred, and the iDICE initiative, which collectively aim to expand access to finance, technology, and skills development.
Tinubu stressed that while the reforms of his administration have imposed temporary hardships, initiatives like Credicorp were proof that government resources are being redirected to benefit the people directly. He urged beneficiaries to use the funds responsibly, reinvest in their businesses, and create opportunities for others.
“With Credicorp, we are laying the foundation for a stronger small and medium enterprise sector that will drive economic growth and lift millions out of poverty,” he said.




